- Minimal traffic restrictions will occur during the month of July.
- Through Saturday, July 31, crews will be working on a day shift. Shifts will take place Monday through Friday from 7:00am to 7:00pm.
- Drivers should be aware of a DETOUR at MP 56, a new traffic pattern, and a reduced speed limit of 35 MPH.
- Be aware of a gravel surface on the DETOUR. Motorcyclists should proceed with caution.
- Drivers should be aware of heavy equipment movement within the project zone.
- Drivers should be alert to a reduced speed limit of 45 MPH between MP 54.5 and 58.
- The project hotline phone number is 907-595-2217. Please leave your name and number and your call will be returned.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with Scrasella Bros., INC, is working to reconstruct the Sterling Highway beginning near Skilak Lake Road to approximately MP 56. Crews will be performing clearing, excavation and embankment operations, as well as installing drainage, retaining walls, wildlife crossings, paving, signage, and striping.
Scrasella Bros., INC