- Be alert to vehicles entering the roadway at milepost 11 from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm Monday through Saturday. Nightly road work will be conducted between the Skagway, US & Fraiser, Canadian custom stations during closure hours of 11:00 pm to 7:00 am.
- Please prepare for short duration road CLOSURES during blasting operations.
- Please review message boards near the project site for daily roadway conditions. Be aware of vehicles and equipment entering the roadway.
- Front Street sidewalk is under construction. Please follow all construction signs for the pedestrian DETOUR.
- The eastside of Graehl Park will be fenced off and CLOSED to the public.
- In observance of Independence Day, there will be no impacts to traffic beginning on Friday, June 30th at 12:00pm.
- Please be alert to flagging operations from 7:00am to 7:00pm at milepost 46.5 to 48.5.
- A NEW TRAFFIC PATTERN will be enacted from milepost 46.2 to 48.5 on the Parks Highway.
- Reduced speeds of 45 mph will be enforced, please drive with caution and obey all posted signs.
- Be alert to construction crews on the shoulder at signalized intersections throughout the Fairbanks area.
- Work is scheduled to begin on Johansen Expressway and College Road.
- In some areas the sidewalk will be CLOSED to foot traffic and pedestrian DETOUR routes will be posted. Please plan to follow all construction signs.
- In observance of Independence Day, there will be no construction between Sunday, July 2 through Tuesday, July 4.
- In observance of Independence Day, no work will occur through Tuesday, July 4th.
- Please be alert to watering trucks, flaggers and workers watering grass on slopes in surrounding areas.
- Please stay off the seeded and mulched slopes and give the watering truck room to spray. The Pathway is still multi-use until grass growth comes in.
- Please check back during this time to review traffic impact information.
- This project has resumed.
- Please be alert to ongoing work Monday through Saturday from 6:00am to 4:00pm.
ROAD CLOSURE: Noble Street is CLOSED from 1st Avenue through 11th Avenue.
INTERSECTION CLOSURES: The intersections at 1st through 4th Avenue, 7th through 9th Avenue and 11th through 12th Avenue are now CLOSED. Please follow the posted DETOUR route at Gaffney Road and Noble Street to access the Federal Building and Log Cabin Court.
- 5th Avenue, 6th Avenue, 10th Avenue and Gaffney Road intersections will remain open to traffic.
- Due to safety concerns for pedestrians, please use the designated DETOUR routes and do not use private property such as driveways and parking lots to access your destination.
- Please keep in mind pedestrian DETOUR routes are continuously changing, continue to abide by all posted routes.
BRIDGE CLOSURE: Be aware that Troller Creek Bridge is CLOSED. For Marina and Dockside Galley access, use Knudson Cove Road.
- In observance of Independence Day, no work will be constructed through Tuesday, July 4.
- Due to paving operations there is limited space in the construction area, large trucks and trailers will not have access and must use alternate DETOUR routes when possible via Wasilla-Fishhook Road and the Parks Highway. Area residents please use Tait Drive to access East Seldon Road.
Please expect DELAYS and plan your trip accordingly.
Use caution in the roadway and be aware of slow moving vehicles and flagging operations. Follow message boards for additional information.
- The temporary DETOUR bridge is now in use. Please plan to follow all signs for the DETOUR route.
- Drivers should be alert to construction traffic around the Roche Moutonnee Creek Bridge at MP 265.
- Be alert to milling and paving work in the southbound and the northbound inside lane of the Glenn Highway, starting at the Hiland Road exit. LANE CLOSURES are in effect from 7:00pm to 5:00am, 7 days a week.
- No LANE CLOSURES will be in effect for the July 4 holiday weekend.
- Auke Lake Way is CLOSED, please use posted DETOUR routes for access to Chapel by the Lake.
- Please be alert to lane restrictions, flagging operations, trucks and equipment surrounding the Auke Creek culver from approximately 7:00am to 5:00pm daily.
- Be alert to reduced lanes and flaggers in the area and exercise caution when driving near personnel and equipment.
- Drivers should be alert to construction crews and equipment working overnight for paving and striping, please prepare for DELAYS of up to 20 minutes at night.
- Expect DELAYS up to 15 minutes Monday through Sunday for guardrail installation from 8:00am to 8:00pm. Be alert to flagging operations.
- Be alert to LANE RESTRICTIONS and reduced speeds, Monday through Friday, from 7:00pm to 5:00am for southbound traffic, and from 8:00pm to 6:00am for northbound traffic. LANE RESTRICTIONS will be in effect during non-holiday weekends 24 hours a day.
- Be alert to LANE RESTRICTIONS and DELAYS of up to 10 minutes.
RAMP CLOSURE: The port outbound ramp is now CLOSED. Please follow construction signs for DETOUR routes via Whitney Road to Post Road.
- Port access bridge work is now in effect.
- Be alert to daily curb ramp construction on 'C' Street with intermittent LANE CLOSURES. Nightly LANE CLOSURES with DELAYS and reduced speed limits are now in effect, from 8:00pm to 5:00am.
ROAD CLOSURE: Water Street is CLOSED to through traffic and will remain closed through the duration of the project, until 2018. Through pedestrian access is also CLOSED and will remain closed for the duration of the project. Please follow construction signs for DETOUR routes and for accessing homes along Water Street:
- Addresses above 1305 should be accessed from the north
- Addresses below 1269 should be accessed from the south
Vehicle Turnarounds are available at:
- 1254 Water St.
- 1306 Water St.
- 1400 Water St.
- 1426 Water St.
- 1454 Water St.
- 1508 Water St.
- 1610 Water St.
- Be alert to a NEW TRAFFIC PATTERN. Traffic is being diverted to a temporary gravel road DETOUR now in effect.
- Be alert to a reduced speed limit of 45 MPH throughout the construction zone.
- In observance of Independence Day, there will be no construction between Saturday, July 1 through Tuesday, July 4.
- Expect LANE RESTRICTIONS and minor DELAYS along the Denali Highway and MP 187 through MP 190 on the Richardson Highway.
Be alert to signal work and shoulder work with potential LANE CLOSURES in effect.
- Expect DELAYS up to 20 minutes Monday through Sunday from 6:00am to 10:00pm.
- Be alert to LANE RESTRICTIONS, PILOT CAR and flagging operations.
- Be alert to workers on and near the roadway as landscaping continues over the July 4 holiday weekend.
- Be alert to shoulder work on 92nd Avenue between the Old Seward Highway and the Seward Highway.
- Please be alert to flagging and PILOT CAR operations from MP 22 to MP 10.
- Be aware of trucks on the roadway and open gravel.
- In observance of Independance Day, no work is expected over the holiday weekend beginning Saturday, July 1 through Tuesday, July 4.
- Drivers should use caution on the DETOUR route and be alert to a 30 MPH speed limit.
- Flagging operations are expected to resume July 10.
- In observance of Independence Day, there will be no construction between Friday, June 30 through Tuesday, July 4.
FUTURE ROAD CLOSURE: Beginning Wednesday, July 5, O'Malley Road will be CLOSED between the Seward Highway and Lake Otis Parkway through Wednesday, July 26. Local access will be maintained to Commodore Road, Chelea Street, St. Johns United Methodist Church and the Alaska Baptist Convention. Please plan to follow construction signs for DETOUR routes via Huffman Road and Abbott Road.
- Be alert to intermittent LANE RESTRICTIONS, Monday through Saturday, from 7:00am to 5:00pm. In addition, please use caution when using the pedestrian pathway between the Seward Highway and Lake Otis Parkway.
- Be alert to a NEW TRAFFIC PATTERN between the Seward Highway and Saint Johns United Methodist Church.
- Be alert to a NEW TRAFFIC PATTERN at the Chicken Creek Bridge.
- Expect DELAYS up to 20 minutes and be alert to PILOT CAR and flagging operations, throughout the day Monday through Sunday from 6:00am to 8:00pm.
- In observance of Independence Day, work will be paused from Saturday, July 1 through Tuesday, July 4.
- Please be alert and watch for workers and equipment on the shoulder of the road as seeding and watering operations continue this week. Workers and equipment will also be present at the intersection of Elmore Road and Abbott Road performing electrical work. Two way traffic will be maintained during this time.
NEW TRAFFIC PATTERN: Southbound Seward Highway traffic has shifted from the Seward Highway to Homer Drive, which now acts the southbound Seward Highway. Be alert to a reduced speed limit of 45 MPH throughout the construction zone.
Northbound Seward Highway traffic has shifted from the Seward Highway to Brayton Drive, which now acts as the northbound Seward Highway. Be alert to a reduced speed limit of 45 MPH throughout the construction zone.
Please note that no side road access will be permitted to and from the Homer Drive and Brayton Drive frontage roads during construction.
Work will be in effect 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, through mid-October, in order to expedite the construction process.
- To receive email updates about this project, email [email protected].
- Drivers can expect DELAYS up to 20 minutes.
- Expect PILOT CAR operations, flagging operations, construction crews and equipment on roadway Monday through Saturday from 7:00am to 8:00pm.
- Drivers should be alert to construction crews along the shoulder on the Dalton and Elliott highways.
- Please plan for short DELAYS along the Dalton and Elliott highways.
- Due to sign installation, please also expect short DELAYS along the Steese Highway through mid-July.
- Be alert to LANE RESTRICTIONS in the construction area.
- A NEW TRAFFIC PATTERN is now in effect for northbound Glenn Highway traffic exiting towards Muldoon Road. Please utilize the newly built exit ramp immediately after crossing under the overpass, and then turn left or right at the top of the ramp to access northbound or southbound Muldoon Road. During this time, the old exit ramp will be CLOSED to all traffic. Please follow all construction signs and traffic control devices.
- Be alert to intermittent LANE RESTRICTIONS, Monday through Friday, from 7:00am to 5:30pm.
- Be alert to a new pedestrian traffic pattern between the bridge and Golden Bear Drive. Pedestrians will be routed to the west side of Muldoon Road through this area. The tunnel will remain open whenever possible, but may be closed periodically when equipment is working immediately adjacent to the pathway.
- If you would like to receive email updates for this project, please email [email protected].
- Night shift construction has begun. Construction crews will be working double shifts seven days a week.
- Be alert to PILOT CAR operations from MP 369 to 379 and from MP 381 to 390.
- Drivers should expect DELAYS up to 20-30 minutes and drive with caution in work zones.
- Construction is now in effect with PILOT CAR and flagging operations.
- Drivers should expect DELAYS up to 20 minutes Monday through Sunday from 6:00am to 6:00pm.
- This project is now complete. There are no current traffic impacts.
- Construction on this project has been completed.
- Due to culvert replacement and ditch grading please be alert to LANE RESTRICTIONS and DELAYS of up to 20-minutes Monday through Saturday 8:00am to 8:00pm.
- PILOT CAR and flagging operations will be on site, please follow with caution and abide by all posted speed limits.
- In observance of Independence Day, work will be postponed from Friday, June 30 at 12:00pm to Thursday, July 6 at 7:00am.
- Be alert LANE RESTRICTIONS and DELAYS within Seward city limits over the course of the season as road improvement projects begin. Please check back for updates periodically as various projects change locations.
- Be alert to LANE RESTRICTIONS through from 7:00am to 7:00pm daily.
- Please use caution as flaggers will be present in the roadway and abide by all posted signs.
- Beginning Monday, July 10, be alert to workers on roadway between MP 58 through 79 on the Sterling Highway.
- In observance of Independence Day, no work will occur from 12:00pm on Friday, June 30 through 7:00am on Wednesday, July 5.
- Be alert to flagging operations and LANE RESTRICTIONS, from 7:30am to 5:00pm, Monday through Saturday.
- Work on this project is substantially complete.
- Be alert to intermittent LANE RESTRICTIONS within the construction area.