What You Need to Know
- Be alert to shoulder work on Peger Road from Van Horn Road to the Johansen Expressway, Monday through Friday, from 7:30am to 6:00pm. In addition, LANE CLOSURES may occur from 9:00am to 4:00pm. Work is possible on Saturday and Sunday.
- Please be careful when using the Peger Road bike path. The path from the Johansen Expressway to Airport Way is under construction. Follow DETOUR signs for bicycle access.
- Be alert to SINGLE-LANE TRAFFIC on Peger Road, from Phillips Field Road to Airport Way, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week until approximately Friday, September 30.
- Be alert to pedestrian path construction work on Davis Road, Wilbur Road and Lathrop Street, Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 6:00pm.
- Access to all businesses and residences will be maintained.
Over the course of the season, be alert to night work, with LANE CLOSURES, sidewalk CLOSURES and traffic signal shutdowns. Access to all residences and businesses will be maintained.
Project End Result
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in partnership with Great Northwest, Inc., is working to resurface Peger Road, a portion of Phillips Field Road and the Peger Road/Johansen Expressway on and off ramps. Pedestrian facilities will also be constructed along Davis Road, Peger Road, Wilbur Street and Lathrop Street. Additionally, the department will upgrade the traffic signal interconnect from the Mitchell Expressway to the Johansen Expressway. This project is expected to be complete by November 2016.
PEGER ROAD RESURFACING & FMATS PEDESTRIAN IMPROVEMENTS, STAGE I
ROAD CONSTRUCTION through November
Today's date is:
September 25, 2016
Construction Areas Note
Those people who reside in construction zones and may require special accommodations should call the DOT Highway Construction Engineer at 907-269-0450 (TTY 907-269-0473).