- On Tuesday, July 27, the traffic pattern at MP 50.5 and 52.2 will change on the Parks Highway. Traffic will be shifted to the recently paved lanes via a paved crossover. Please follow the posted traffic control and use extra caution when traveling through the new traffic configuration.
- Drivers should be aware of a reduced speed limit of 45 MPH between MP 50 and 53.
- Drivers should be aware of flagging operations and trucks crossing onto the Parks Highway between Spring Drive and Marigold Drive.
- Drivers should be alert to flagging operations at the Parks Highway and Pittman Road intersection Monday through Saturday, from 7:00am to 6:00pm.
- Please be alert to workers and equipment along the shoulder of the roadway.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with QAP, is upgrading the existing two-lane highway to a four-lane divided highway. Crews will be installing continuous highway lighting, new signs, and guardrail. There will be signalized intersections at Parks Highway and Meadow Lakes Loop, Parks Highway and Johnson Road, and Parks Highway and Big Lake Road. A multi-use pathway will also be constructed along the entire length of the corridor.