- Crews are performing excavation and asphalt removal operations between Farmers Loop Road and Frog Pond Road. Drivers should expect large hauling vehicles and construction equipment in the narrow roadway prism.
- Excavation operations along the shoulder of the roadway will result in hazardous slopes. Please abide by the traffic controls and follow PILOT CAR operations at all times.
- Please expect SINGLE-LANE TRAFFIC and flagging operations. Access to driveways will be blocked off while culverts are being installed. Please be patient with the culvert crew if your driveway is blocked. Access will be granted as soon as possible.
- Drivers should expect DELAYS with PILOT CAR and flagging operations being conducted 24/7.
- Please be aware of a narrow road section south of the PILOT CAR operations as a spring has made a portion of the road unable to be driven on.
The Alaska Department of Transportation is working to build a new, widened McGrath Road and bike path with new culverts and drainage system. Work will include upgrading and widening the roadway, reconstructing the bike path, as well as a newly shaped ditch. Work will also include upgrading the drainage system and ditching through the full stretch of the roadway. This project is expected to be complete by August 2020.