- Drivers should expect daily construction activities.
- Drivers should be aware of crews excavating at Powerhouse Road, Wood Road, and along the South Tongass Highway.
- Drivers should be alert to LANE CLOSURES, flagging operations, temporary signals, and minor DELAYS.
- Expect rougher roadway and longer drive time, as pavement has been removed.
- Drivers should anticipate FULL ROAD CLOSURES. Notices will be provided in advance.
- No parking is available along the construction corridor for the duration of the project.
- Pedestrian access at the bridge and through the corridor is not permitted.
- To be added to an email list for updates on this project, please send your email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with Hamilton Construction, is working to replace the Herring Cove Bridge with a new, wider bridge. Work will include installing sidewalks, stone armoring around the bridge, as well as intersection improvements and utility work between Wood Road and Powerhouse Road. This project is expected to be completed in July 2023.
Hamilton Construction Alaska