- Drivers should expect a NEW TRAFFIC PATTERN. Traffic has shifted to the right side of the bridge.
- Drivers should expect crews working from 7:00am to 5:30pm Monday through Saturday.
- Drivers should be aware of crews excavating at Powerhouse Road, Wood Road, and along the South Tongass Highway.
- Drivers should be alert to LANE CLOSURES, flagging operations, temporary signals, and minor DELAYS.
- Expect rougher roadway and longer drive time, as pavement has been removed.
- No parking is available along the construction corridor for the duration of the project.
- Pedestrian access at the bridge and through the corridor is not permitted.
- Crews will continue to work on the new bridge and get it ready to open to two lanes of traffic. It is anticipated that these activities will continue through the remainder of 2022, and potentially into early 2023 before a short shutdown takes place while crews await better weather to complete the paving operations on the project.
- To be added to an email list for updates on this project, please send your email address to email@example.com.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with Hamilton Construction, is working to replace the Herring Cove Bridge with a new, wider bridge. Work will include installing sidewalks, stone armoring around the bridge, as well as intersection improvements and utility work between Wood Road and Powerhouse Road. This project is expected to be completed in July 2023.
Hamilton Construction Alaska