- Drivers should be alert to new traffic lanes in place across the Alimaq Drive bridge.
- In addition, construction equipment is now in place on the bridge deck, and traffic traversing the bridge should exercise extreme caution.
- Crews are constructing scaffolding underneath the bridge structure and restriping the lanes going over the top of the bridge. Drivers should expect single-lane flagging operations over the bridge.
- Alimaq Drive is being reconfigured into two narrowed lanes. This configuration will be in place 24 hours a day, seven days a week for several months.
- Please be aware that all work is weather dependent and is subject to change.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with Hamilton Construction Company, is rehabilitating the Kodiak Harbor Channel Bridge. Project work will include resurfacing the concrete deck, installing all structural steel surfaces, replacing the pavement at both approaches to the bridge, and upgrading miscellaneous infrastructure. This project is expected to be complete in March 2022.
Hamilton Construction Alaska co.