- Crews are working along the Glacier Highway from Vanderbilt Hill Road to Egan Drive.
- Drivers should be alert to flagging operations and DELAYS.
- Drivers should be aware of occasional night work.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with SECON, is working to resurface and improve Glacier Highway from Glacier Highway Access Road (near the old Walmart) to the intersection with Vanderbilt Road (toward Twin Lakes). Work will include resurfacing the entire roadway, converting the Renninger Street intersection to a roundabout, adding a traffic signal to the Davis Avenue intersection, adding a sidewalk on the seaward water side of Glacier Highway and adding lighting as needed. Work will also include relocating and improving bus pullouts, adding pedestrian and bicycle crossings at various locations along the corridor and replacing culverts and improving drainage. This is a two year project.
- 2021 Season: Construction between Vanderbilt Road and Davis Avenue, plus culvert work at Switzer Creek.
- 2022 Season: Construction between Davis Avenue and Glacier Highway Access Road (near the old Walmart).