- Crews are working on storm drain rehabilitation, guardrail replacement, and traffic markings.
- Drivers should be alert to crews performing bridge joint replacement near the middle of the Douglas Bridge. This work is weather-dependent.
- Drivers should expect shoulder work, narrow lanes, shifting lanes, and flagging operations.
- On-street parking may be limited in the project area during work hours.
- Pedestrians should be alert to crews and equipment near the sidewalk.
- For more information, visit the project website at https://douglashwy.com/
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with SECON, is working to resurface the Douglas Highway from the intersection of Douglas Highway and Egan Drive to Nome Street, including the Douglas Highway roundabout. Work will also include repairing or replacing sidewalk, curb and gutter, and curb ramps to achieve ADA compliance, as well as rehabilitating or replacing culverts to improve drainage.