- Starting Tuesday, July 27 at 8:00pm, crews will begin night work on the Douglas Highway, south of the roundabout.
- Beginning Tuesday, July 27 through Monday, August 2, on-street parking will not be available in the work area.
- Drivers should expect narrow lanes, shifting lanes, and flagging operations.
- Pedestrians should be alert to sidewalk detours.
- For more information, visit the project website at https://douglashwy.com/
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with SECON, is working to resurface the Douglas Highway from the intersection of Douglas Highway and Egan Drive to Nome Street, including the Douglas Highway roundabout. Work will also include repairing or replacing sidewalk, curb and gutter, and curb ramps to achieve ADA compliance, as well as rehabilitating or replacing culverts to improve drainage.