- Crews will be conducting daytime milling and paving operations. Drivers should expect PILOT CAR operations and DELAYS.
- Drivers should be aware of nightly INTERMITTENT LANE CLOSURES with PILOT CAR operations.
- Drivers should be alert to a DETOUR at MP 49.5.
- Drivers are reminded to remain aware, reduce speed in active construction areas, and be patient with construction workers and other drivers.
- Please proceed with caution and follow all construction signs and posted messages.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with QAP, is working to construct passing lanes and resurface the Seward Highway between MP 36 and 52. Work includes clearing and grubbing, drainage, excavation, embankment, slope stabilization, guardrail, paving, signing, and striping. This project is expected to be complete in 2021.