- Expected to begin in June, crews will be resuming work on this project.
- Remaining work includes striping at the Sheep Creek Road and West Tanana Drive intersection, as well as at the South Cushman Street and 23rd Avenue intersection.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with HC Contractors, is working to improve intersections in the City of Fairbanks and Fairbanks North Star Borough.
- At Chena Pump Road and Chena Point Ave: Crews will construct a dedicated right-turn lane for south-bound traffic turning onto Chena Point Ave from Chena Pump Road.
- At Sheep Creek Road and West Tanana Drive: Crews will widen the road at the intersection with Sheep Creek Extension, and install a dedicated left-turn pocket for traffic coming from the university, turning left onto Sheep Creek Extension toward the Parks Highway.
- At South Cushman Street and 23rd Avenue: Crews will repaint the stop bars further back from their current position to create more room for large vehicles turning south onto Cushman Street, allowing for an easier and safer turn.
HC Contractors, Inc.