- Work has been completed for the 2020 season.
- During the 2021 construction season, drivers should expect intermittent work along the following corridors:
- Mitchell Expressway, Lathrop Street to the Richardson Highway on and off ramps
- Johansen Expressway, University Avenue to College Road
- Steese Highway, northbound from the Chena Hot Springs Road overpass
- Steese Highway, northbound from the Hagelbarger Avenue/Steele Creek Road intersection
- In 2021, drivers should expect LANE CLOSURES, trucks entering and exiting traffic, and reduced speed limits during barrier replacement operations.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with Exclusive Paving, is working at various locations throughout the Fairbanks and North Pole area. Work will include upgrading concrete barriers to current design standards on the Johansen Expressway, Mitchell Expressway, Steese Highway, and the Richardson Highway at North Pole. Work will occur during the 2020 and 2021 construction seasons. We will do our best to keep you informed of any project updates and appreciate your patience and cooperation during construction. This project is expected to be complete in August 2021.