- Crews will be working on the concrete barrier on the Steese Highway, between MP 6 and 9.
- Work will occur between 7:00am and 7:00pm.
- Drivers should expect LANE CLOSURES, workers and equipment on the road, and reduced speed limits during barrier work.
- During the 2021 construction season, drivers should expect intermittent work along the following corridors:
- Steese Highway, northbound from the Hagelbarger Avenue and Steele Creek Road intersection.
- Mitchell Expressway, from Lathrop Street to the Richardson Highway on and off ramps.
- Johansen Expressway, from University Avenue to College Road.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with Exclusive Paving, is working at various locations throughout the Fairbanks and North Pole area. Work will include upgrading concrete barriers to current design standards on the Johansen Expressway, Mitchell Expressway, Steese Highway, and the Richardson Highway at North Pole. Work will occur during the 2020 and 2021 construction seasons. We will do our best to keep you informed of any project updates and appreciate your patience and cooperation during construction. This project is expected to be complete in August 2021.