- From Wednesday, December 18 through Thursday, December 19, crews will be performing electrical work on the traffic signals at both the Main Street intersection and the Whittier Street intersection. Crews will be working between 8:30am and 4:00pm each day.
- Drivers should expect SINGLE-LANE CLOSURES.
- Crews will be working on one signal at a time. The traffic signals will not be operational when work is being performed.
Traffic control will be in place near the intersections when work is being performed, and drivers should expect traffic lanes reduced to one lane in each direction.
Left-turns on-to and off-of Egan Drive will be restricted at both intersections; only right-turns on-to Egan Drive will be permitted at the traffic signals while traffic controls are in place.
Protected pedestrian access will be shifted between the two intersections when SINGLE-LANE CLOSURES are in place.
- All businesses will have access to their establishments and are open regular hours during construction.
- Please follow NEW TRAFFIC PATTERNS and posted DETOURS.
- Additional project information can be found at https://www.egandriveproject.com/ and https://www.facebook.com/Secon-Egan-Drive-Improvements-Main-Street-to-10th-Street-2383757411906937/.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with SECON, will be working to install new pavement, improve pedestrian and bike paths, widen traffic lanes, repair retaining walls and culverts, replace aging storm drainage systems, and rehabilitate the Gold Creek Bridge. This is a multi-year project.