- Beginning Tuesday, July 5 through Sunday, July 31, expect EASTBOUND LANE CLOSURES on 3rd Avenue from Post Road to Orca Street. This CLOSURE will include portions of the Post Road and 3rd Avenue intersection. Expect westbound SINGLE-LANE RESTRICTIONS from Post Road to Orca Street during this work. Please follow posted DETOUR routes.
- Drivers should expect crews working on Dowling Road between Laurel Street and Norm Drive, as well as the 3rd Avenue and Post Road intersection.
- Drivers should be alert to LANE RESTRICTIONS and flagging operations.
- Drivers should also be aware of temporary directional CLOSURES anticipated on both portions of the project.
- Access to businesses will remain open throughout construction.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with Mass Excavation, Inc., is working to repair the damaged infrastructure caused by the November 30, 2018 earthquake on Dowling Road and 3rd Avenue. Project work includes drainage, grading, paving, guardrail, traffic loops, and striping. Work is expected to be completed by October 2022.
Mass Excavation, LLC.