- Please be alert to shoulder work and sidewalk CLOSURES nearest to the water on Douglas Highway. Please observe pedestrian DETOURS and watch for construction workers and equipment.
- Be alert to LANE RESTRICTIONS, reduced speeds and shoulder work between Crow Hill Drive and I street.
- Please note some driveways and sidewalks along uphill side of the road are impacted. All driveways are left open to residents.
- Pedestrians use channel side sidewalk and be alert to busses stopped in the road, due to bus stop blockage.
- Exercise caution when traveling through the area due to ongoing excavation in the area.
- Please follow all posted construction signs.
Please be alert to LANE RESTRICTIONS, SINGLE LANE TRAFFIC, and minor delays along the project boundaries.
The Alaska Department of Transportation in partnership with Admiralty Construction, Inc. are working to install new sidewalk on the uphill side of 3rd Street starting at Crow Hill Road/Lawson Creek Road extending to the end of the existing sidewalk at Gastineau Elementary and upgrading the crosswalk ramps at the intersection of 3rd and I Streets for ADA compliance. Additionally, school zone signage along 3rd Street will be updated to meet the Alaska Traffic Manual Supplement Requirements.
Admiralty Construction, Inc.