Ahkovak Street between Takpuk Street and the North Slope Borough Search and Rescue Facility is currently CLOSED.
CLOSURES in front of Alaska Airlines will begin soon. Drivers should be aware this area will be passenger and freight drop off and pick up only. No parking is allowed. Please follow the posted DETOUR ROUTES.
Drivers should use Okpik Street as a DETOUR.
UIC Car Rental and King Eider Inn can be accessed from Takpuk Street.
Takpuk Street will also be the DETOUR ROUTE for Alaska Airlines when construction resumes.
- Paving on Ahkovak Street is currently paused as crews focus on airport work, however, work may resume at any time.
- Please allow additional time to get to the airport or other locations on Ahkovak Street.
- Ahkovak Street has a section of CLOSURES with DETOURS to maintain access to all businesses and the airport.
- Okpik Street is the primary DETOUR for ROAD CLOSURES on Ahkovak Street.
- Please do not leave vehicles parked in the right of way, as work will resume soon.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with ASRC SKW-Eskimos, Inc., will be working to pave Ahvovak Street and install new drainage pipes between Kiogak Street and Okpik Street.
ASRC SKW-Eskimos, Inc.