- Through October, drivers should be aware of nightly intermittent LANE CLOSURES on the Seward Highway between De Armoun Road and Dimond Boulevard from 8:00pm to 5:00am, Monday through Friday.
- Please be aware of concrete barriers and crash cushions while passing through Huffman Road.
- Be aware of falling debris while crews construct new curbs on the Seward Highway Overpass at Huffman Road, O'Malley Road, and Dimond Boulevard.
- Crews are working on pedestrian crossings near De Armoun Road, adding support structures and metallizing the lower portion of the bridge. Please expect a BRIEF CLOSURE during this work.
- Crews are also repairing damaged culverts near the pedestrian boardwalk at Potter Marsh.
- Drivers should be aware of reduced speeds of 55 MPH from the Rabbit Creek Shooting Range to Dimond Boulevard on the Seward Highway.
- Through mid-July, please be aware of nightly milling and paving operations on the Seward Highway between the Fish & Game Gun Range and Dimond Boulevard.
- Drivers and residents should expect nightly construction noises for milling and paving. Ramp accesses will be restricted as crews mill and pave the bridges.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with Granite Construction, is working to resurface the Seward Highway from MP 114 to the Dimond Boulevard interchange. Project work includes installing signing, striping, automated traffic recorders and paving, as well as improving drainage, dig-outs and guardrail. Work will also include bridge repair/deck overlays, and reconstructing pullouts.