- Lanes are being shifted over from Hurley Circle to the Seward Meridian Parkway. Drivers should watch for water trucks as they water seeded slopes.
- Paving in Phase I and Phase II has begun.
- In mid-July, crews will begin striping mainline asphalt.
- Crews have begun working on Phase II of the project between the Seward Meridian Parkway and Trunk Road. Crews are working on excavation on the left side of the road, borrow haul, and mainline milling up to Trunk Road.
- Expect varying traffic patterns as paving and striping progress through the project.
- Be aware of crews working as well as trucks and equipment operating in the project area.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with QAP, is working to widen the Palmer-Wasilla Highway to create a two-way center left-turn only lane. Project work includes grading, drainage, paving, pathway, signing and striping.