- Through October, drivers should be aware of nightly intermittent LANE CLOSURES on the Seward Highway between De Armoun Road and Dimond Boulevard from 8:00pm to 5:00am, Monday through Sunday.
- Please be aware of concrete barriers, crash cushions, and falling debris while passing through Huffman Road, O'Malley Road, and Dimond Boulevard.
- Crews are working on pedestrian crossings near De Armoun Road, adding support structures and metallizing the lower portion of the bridge. Please expect a BRIEF CLOSURE during this work.
- Drivers should be aware of reduced speeds of 55 MPH from the Rabbit Creek Shooting Range to Dimond Boulevard on the Seward Highway.
- Drivers and residents should expect nightly construction noises for milling and paving. Ramp accesses will be restricted as crews mill and pave the bridges.
- In August, crews will install bridge membranes on the bridges of Huffman Road, O'Malley Road, and and Dimond Boulevard. Please be aware of EXTENDED LANE CLOSURES.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with Granite Construction, is working to resurface the Seward Highway from MP 114 to the Dimond Boulevard interchange. Project work includes installing signing, striping, automated traffic recorders and paving, as well as improving drainage, dig-outs and guardrail. Work will also include bridge repair/deck overlays, and reconstructing pullouts.