- Mainline paving in Phase I is complete. Drivers should be alert to water trucks as they water seeded slopes.
- Crews are performing striping operations for Phase I.
- Crews are working on Phase II of the project between the Seward Meridian Parkway and Trunk Road. Toplift paving is ongoing.
- Crews are performing pathway/approach paving. Work on guardrail installation is ongoing, in addition to the installation of signs and stabilizaton of slopes with topsoil and seeding.
- Phase III is ongoing, with crews working on excavation and borrow haul.
- Please expect varying traffic patterns as paving and striping progresses through the project.
- Be aware of crews working, as well as trucks and equipment operating in the project area.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with QAP, is working to widen the Palmer-Wasilla Highway to create a two-way center left-turn only lane. Project work includes grading, drainage, paving, pathway, signing and striping.