- The new southbound Eagle River Bridge is open to traffic. Traffic will remain in two lanes during the day, and be reduced to one lane during the night while crews work to restore the northbound and southbound highway to three lanes, as well as remove the DETOUR.
- Please be aware that the Artillery Road southbound ramp and frontage road remain CLOSED. Drivers from Eagle River will need to access the southbound Glenn Highway from the North Eagle River on-ramp or the Eagle River Loop Road on-ramp (Hiland overpass). All current Eagle View Drive frontage road access will be maintained.
- Drivers should be aware of a reduced speed limit of 45 MPH through the project area.
- Work is expected to be complete in October 2020.
- Additional information can be found at www.eagleriverbridgeak.com.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with Kiewit, is working to improve the Glenn Highway. Work will include adding a southbound lane to the Glenn Highway between the Artillery Road and Hiland Drive interchange, realigning the Glenn Highway to reduce the southbound grade south of the Eagle River Bridge, as well as constructing a new southbound bridge over Eagle River to accommodate the additional lane. Work will also include constructing a frontage road west of the mainline from the Artillery Road interchange to the Hiland Road interchange. This west side frontage road will be two-way from Artillery Road to the Eagle River Bridge and one-way from the Eagle River Bridge to the Hiland Road interchange.