- The Glenn Highway is fully open, with all 3 lanes of traffic flowing in both directions.
- The Artillery Road on-ramp is also open, and the speed limit has been returned to 65 MPH.
- In October, drivers should also be aware of a few SHORT CLOSURES on the Glenn Highway to finalize project work. These CLOSURES will occur during non-peak traffic hours.
- The new one-way southbound section of Eagle View Drive is open. This will allow drivers to travel from Artillery Road to Hiland/Eagle River Loop. Please expect crews to be performing some minor work along the road through October.
- Additional information can be found at www.eagleriverbridgeak.com.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with Kiewit, is working to improve the Glenn Highway. Work will include adding a southbound lane to the Glenn Highway between the Artillery Road and Hiland Drive interchange, realigning the Glenn Highway to reduce the southbound grade south of the Eagle River Bridge, as well as constructing a new southbound bridge over Eagle River to accommodate the additional lane. Work will also include constructing a frontage road west of the mainline from the Artillery Road interchange to the Hiland Road interchange. This west side frontage road will be two-way from Artillery Road to the Eagle River Bridge and one-way from the Eagle River Bridge to the Hiland Road interchange. This project is expected to be complete in October 2020.