What You Need to Know
- Be alert to LANE CLOSURES, sidewalk CLOSURES and traffic signal shutdowns, Monday through Saturday, from 7:00pm to 6:00am. Work is possible on Saturday and Sunday mornings until 12:00pm.
- Currently, there is a southbound LANE CLOSURE on Peger Road, from Phillips Field Road to Airport Way, due to sidewalk bridge work. One lane remains open for southbound traffic, with two lanes open for northbound traffic. Please follow signage for a bicycle path DETOUR.
- Be alert to lane and intersection CLOSURES from Davis Road to the Johansen Expressway due to milling and paving activities through Monday, August 15.
- Be alert to construction work on Davis Road, with flagging operations in effect Monday through Saturday, from 7:00pm to 6:00am.
- Through approximately Wednesday, August 31, motorists may experience additional minor DELAYS at the signalized intersections along Peger Road, due to the signals running in fixed time, rather than vehicle detection mode. We appreciate your patience.
- Access to all businesses and residences will be maintained.
Over the course of the season, be alert to night work, with LANE CLOSURES, sidewalk CLOSURES and traffic signal shutdowns. Access to all residences and businesses will be maintained.
Project End Result
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in partnership with Great Northwest, Inc., is working to resurface Peger Road, a portion of Phillips Field Road and the Peger Road/Johansen Expressway on and off ramps. Pedestrian facilities will also be constructed along Davis Road, Peger Road, Wilbur Street and Lathrop Street. Additionally, the department will upgrade the traffic signal interconnect from the Mitchell Expressway to the Johansen Expressway. This project is expected to be complete by September 2016.
PEGER ROAD RESURFACING & FMATS PEDESTRIAN IMPROVEMENTS, STAGE I
ROAD CONSTRUCTION through September
Today's date is:
July 25, 2016
Construction Areas Note
Those people who reside in construction zones and may require special accommodations should call the DOT Highway Construction Engineer at 907-269-0450 (TTY 907-269-0473).