What You Need to Know
- Be alert to surveyors working on the roadway and shoulders, Monday through Saturday, from 7:00am to 5:30pm.
- Beginning Saturday, May 2nd, be alert to LANE CLOSURES with flagging and PILOT CAR operations and plan for short DELAYS, Monday through Saturday, from 7:00am to 5:30pm.
- Work will begin at Nelson Road and continue west toward Peridot Street.
- Access for emergency vehicles and businesses will be maintained.
- Over the course of the season, be alert to LANE RESTRICTIONS and PILOT CAR operations. Bike paths along Hurst Road will be CLOSED and accommodations for bikes and pedestrians will be provided along the shoulder of the roadway.
Project End Result
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with H.C. Contractors, Inc., is working to resurface Hurst Road from Peridot Street to Nelson Road. Upon completion, the approximately 4 miles of Hurst Road, bike paths and approaches will be resurfaced. New culverts will be installed to improve drainage and guardrail and mailboxes will be installed. In addition, the lighting system will be updated and ADA compliant curb ramps will be installed at the Badger/Hurst Road intersection. This project is expected to be complete in October 2015.
HURST ROAD RESURFACING, PERIDOT STREET to NELSON ROAD
ROAD CONSTRUCTION through October
Today's date is:
May 3, 2015
Construction Areas Note
Those people who reside in construction zones and may require special accommodations should call the DOT Highway Construction Engineer at 907-269-0450 (TTY 907-269-0473).