What You Need to Know
- Expect nightly LANE RESTRICTIONS from 8:00pm to 5:30am, Monday through Friday, with extended working hours on weekends for underground work.
- The remaining problematic curb ramps are being demolished and reconstructed on Northern Lights Boulevard and Benson Boulevard. Walkers and bicyclers should follow construction signs for pedestrian DETOUR routes.
- Paving of Northern Lights Boulevard and Benson Boulevard, from the Seward Highway to Lake Otis Parkway, is scheduled to begin early June.
- Please use caution when traveling through the project area, and be alert to construction workers near the roadway and double traffic fines throughout the construction zone.
- If you would like to receive email updates for this project, email [email protected].
Pedestrian detours for concrete sidewalk and curb ramp construction. Limited daytime work and Utility adjustments, Milling and paving for night.
Project End Result
The Alaska Department of Transportation is working with QAP to preserve both Northern Lights Boulevard and Benson Boulevard. Upon completion, both roads will be repaved, there will be new signage and striping, the majority of problematic curb ramps will be upgraded to current ADA standards, and automated traffic recorders and signal system will be improved. This project is projected to be completed by June 2016.
NORTHERN LIGHTS BOULEVARD and BENSON BOULEVARD, FOREST PARK DRIVE to LAKE OTIS PARKWAY PAVEMENT PRESERVATION
ROAD CONSTRUCTION through the season
Today's date is:
May 17, 2016
Construction Areas Note
Those people who reside in construction zones and may require special accommodations should call the DOT Highway Construction Engineer at 907-269-0450 (TTY 907-269-0473).