Through Sunday, August 26, Yukon Drive is CLOSED from Kuskokwim Way to Sheenjek Drive and from Sheenjek Drive to Tanana Loop. The Butrovich Building can be accessed and exited through Sheenjek Drive. Also through Sunday, August 26, drivers should expect southbound ONE-WAY TRAFFIC on Tanana Loop. Starting Monday, August 27, Yukon Drive is expected to be fully reopened to traffic. Traffic changes may occur sooner depending on construction progress. Please follow construction signs.
- Please follow posted DETOUR routes for business access on Yukon Drive. Motorcyclists should use extreme caution as there is loose gravel on roads.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained throughout the construction zone; please be aware of a pedestrian DETOUR along the Butrovich Building between Tanana Loop and Sheenjek Drive.
- By Tuesday, August 21, the southern sidewalk along the Butrovich Building is expected to be reopened to pedestrians.
- Drivers should expect temporary changes to traffic as construction activities are concluding.
- Please see Public Notice #6 for a map of the DETOUR route.
Construction crews will be working between 7:00am and 7:00pm, Monday through Sunday. Pedestrian access will be maintained throughout the construction zone. Please follow posted pedestrian DETOUR signs. The sidewalk to the south is open to pedestrian traffic.
The Alaska Department of Transportation is working to resurface Yukon Drive which will include reconstructing existing sidewalks, curbs, and gutters. We will do our best to keep you informed of any project updates and appreciate your patience and cooperation during construction. Work is expected to be completed by early August 2018.