- Crews are working between MP 58 and 63. Please be aware of PILOT CAR and flagging operations. Crews will be working during the day and at night.
- Crews are working from 7:00am to 5:00pm to place topsoil through the corridor starting at MP 66 and working their way east. Please be aware of flagging operations.
- Through the end of October, please be aware of a 24 hour PILOT CAR running between MP 60 and 63.
- Clearing crews are working between MP 58 and 62 clearing fire damaged trees.
- Check 511 for impacts and closures.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in partnership with Granite Construction, is working to improve road conditions on the Sterling Highway from MP 58 to 79. Work will include upgrading passing lanes and pedestrian walkway for Skyline trail access, as well as road resurfacing and shoulder widening. Crews will also be replacing the existing culvert at the East Fork Moose River with a new bridge.