- Through Friday, April 19, crews are working to complete the installation of the large culvert crossing at MP 62 (one mile south of Skyline Trailhead). Drivers should be aware of a temporary DETOUR and reduced speeds.
- Crews are also working between MP 58 (east entrance from the Sterling Highway) and 61 (Jean Lake). Watch for flaggers and equipment.
- Crews will not be working Saturday, April 20 and Sunday, April 21 of Easter weekend.
- Work will resume on Monday, April 22, with night shift activities at MP 60 for a large culvert installation.
- Drivers should be aware that the Sterling area is currently going through spring break-up. Please drive with caution and be aware of road conditions between MP 58 and 77.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in partnership with Granite Construction, is working to improve road conditions on the Sterling Highway from MP 58 to 79. Work will include upgrading passing lanes and pedestrian walkway for Skyline trail access, as well as road resurfacing and shoulder widening. Crews will also be replacing the existing culvert at the East Fork Moose River with a new bridge.