- Crews are working between MP 51 and 65, from 6:00am to 7:00pm, Monday through Saturday.
- Please expect construction activities on Sunday, August 25 and Sunday, September 8.
- No construction is expected to occur between Sunday, August 31 and Tuesday, September 3.
- Crews will be installing culverts, starting at MP 51 and working north toward MP 65.
- Drivers should expect intermittent paving operations.
- Driver should be alert to dips, bumps, rough road, loose gravel, and flying debris in some sections of the roadway.
Drivers should expect PILOT CAR and flagging operations with DELAYS up to 20 minutes, as well as reduced speeds with double fines. Please follow all posted signs. Please be aware that a 14 foot lane is provided during work hours from 6:00am to 6:30pm and a 16 foot lane is provided during non-work hours from 6:30pm to 6:00am. A temporary traffic light will be operational when only one lane is available to the public during non-work hours. Vehicles carrying loads wider than 14 feet and longer than 85 feet, must contact the project in order to be accommodated with less DELAY. (Contact John T. Minder at 907-987-2035)
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with Great Northwest Inc., is working to resurface the Richardson Highway between MP 51 and 65. Work will include installing paving, signage and striping. Project work is expected to be complete in October 2019.
Great Northwest Inc.