- Drivers should be aware that the asphalt between Lu Anne Road and Sinclair Avenue has been removed. Please use extreme caution in this area.
- Crews are working west towards Fairbanks on the Frontage Road. Drivers should be aware of CLOSURES to Frontage Road access points from the Richardson Highway. Traffic will need to use alternate routes to access the Frontage Road. Residential and business access will be maintained.
- Mailboxes will be temporarily relocated as part of this construction activity and will be temporarily moved farther down the side streets they were originally in front of.
- Drivers should expect flagging operations and DELAYS.
- No major traffic restrictions or DELAYS are expected on the Richardson Highway main road this summer.
The Alaska Department of Transportation is working to reconstruct the Richardson Highway and adjacent frontage roads. Project work will include repairing roadside hardware and improving drainage, intersections and utilities. Work during the 2019 construction season will also include constructing new frontage roads and modifying highway access points. Paving will be finalized during the 2020 construction season. We will do our best to keep you informed as work progresses and appreciate your patience and cooperation during construction. This project is expected to be complete in July 2020.