Water Street remains CLOSED for through vehicle access. Pedestrian through access is not always available.
- Addresses 1608 Water St. and below (including 200 Wiley St) should be accessed from the south
- Addresses 1610 and above should be accessed from the north.
Vehicle Turnarounds are available at:
- 1254 Water St.
- 1400 Water St.
- 1426 Water St.
- The south end of the project is open to local traffic.
- The active construction zone has moved to the north.
- If you would like to receive email updates, please email KTNWaterSt@dawson.com.
- Additional project information can be found at www.facebook.com/WaterStreetTrestle and waterstreettrestle.wordpress.com
The Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities, in cooperation with Dawson Construction, Inc., is working to remove and replace the Water Street trestle. Work will include the replacement of water, sanitary sewer and storm sewer lines. Additionally, electrical lines will be replaced and relocated below the trestle. Work is expected to be complete in June 2019.
Dawson Construction, Inc.