- Crews are working on and off of the roadway during the day from 7:00am to 7:00pm. Please be aware of equipment and vehicles entering and exiting the roadway.
- Drivers should be aware of a NEW TRAFFIC PATTERN from MP 5 to 8. Please drive with caution and reduce speed if necessary.
- While crews perform paving operations, drivers should expect PILOT CAR operations with extended DELAYS.
- Please be aware of traffic control in the area while crews are working.
- Follow posted DETOURS for SIDE ROAD CLOSURES.
Construction crews are working on the Kenai Spur Highway, between MP 5 and 8. Drivers should be aware of equipment and workers in the roadway. Drivers should also be aware of flagging operations and should be prepared to stop. Please follow all posted signs.
The Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities, in cooperation with Wolverine Construction, is working to build 5 lanes, two in each direction with a center turn lane, from MP 5 to 8 on the Kenai Spur Highway. This section will match the current 5 lane road at MP 8. Crews will also be constructing a new pathway, improving drainage, extending slopes and installing new signage and striping.