Expected to occur from 8:00pm Friday, April 19 to 6:00am Monday, April 22, Jewel Lake Road, between Strawberry Road and 78th Avenue, will be CLOSED to thru traffic.
Please be aware that future ROAD CLOSURES are tentatively scheduled from 8:00pm Friday to 6:00am Monday on the following weekends:
- Friday, May 3 to Monday, May 6, at the intersection of Jewel Lake and 88th Avenue
- Friday, May 10 to Monday, May 13, at the intersection of Jewel Lake and 86th Avenue
- Friday, May 17 to Monday, May 20, at the intersection of Jewel Lake and 84th Avenue
- Friday, June 7 to Monday, June 10, between 88th Avenue and 86th Avenue
These weekend CLOSURES are subject to change. Please pay attention to message boards. Drivers should be aware of DETOUR routes on Sand Lake Road, Raspberry Road, Minnesota Drive and Dimond Boulevard.
- Construction crews will be working on the roadway shoulder and side streets to relocate utilities. Drivers should be aware of possible LANE RESTRICTIONS and flagging operations.
- Please be aware of possible sidewalk CLOSURES with pedestrian DETOUR routes.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with Southcentral Construction, is working to construct a continuous two-way left-turn lane on Jewel Lake Road between 88th Avenue and Strawberry Road. Project work will include shoulder widening and pathway extension, as well as installing curbs and gutters, drainage, paving, signing, striping, and signalization.