- Construction on this project has begun.
- Be alert to construction signs and crews working along the Haines Highway from MP 3.9 to 12.2.
- Drivers should expect daily LANE RESTRICTIONS, flagging operations, and PILOT CAR operations from 6:00am to 6:00pm Monday thru Sunday. Please expect DELAYS of up to ten minutes and plan accordingly.
- Blasting operations are occurring daily. The road will be closed between approximately MP 10 and MP 12 on blasting days from 5:00am to 7:00am. Please look for the blasting notification signs posted on the project daily for up to date information on blasting dates and times or visit www.haineshwy.com.
- For additional information call the project hotline at 907-766-3946.
Traffic will not be restricted during peak morning and evening hours or during holidays. Construction activities shall not restrict tour bus schedules when cruise ships are docked. Expect unpaved surfaces throughout the duration of the project. At times traffic DELAYS could be up to 20 minutes, please plan accordingly. Please be alert and look for flagging operations, PILOT CAR operations and other construction activities while traveling through the project.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with SECON, is working to reconstruct Haines Highway from milepost 3.9 to 12.2. This project is expected to be complete by July 2019.