Expected to go through Tuesday, March 26, Mission Street will be CLOSED at the intersection of Front Street.
- Construction crews are working on sidewalk improvements along the water side of Front Street between Grant Street and Dock Street.
- Crews are also working on sidewalk improvements along the mountain side of Front Street between Grant Street and Dock Street.
- Crews are also working on sidewalk improvements along the north side of Mill Street between Main Street and Bawden Street.
- Through Tuesday, March 26, please be aware that the southbound bus stop on Front Street between Dock Street and Mission Street is CLOSED.
- Business access will be maintained throughout the CLOSURES.
- Drivers should be aware of NEW TRAFFIC PATTERNS, as well as changes to pedestrian traffic, parking and local access. Please follow all posted signs for DETOURS and NEW TRAFFIC PATTERNS.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with Secon Inc., is working to reconstruct Front Street, Mill Street and Stedman Streets in Downtown Ketchikan. Beginning at the intersection with Grant Street (Water Street Tunnel) to west of Stedman and Deermount Street's intersection. Work will include the demolition and reconstruction of pedestrian facilities and sidewalks, bridge deck repairs, bridge substructure repairs, removal of buried dock pilings and caps from the roadbed, storm drain improvements, pavement rehabilitation, as well as signing and striping.