- Crews are working on Egan Drive between Willoughby Street and Whittier Street.
- Crews will be working from 7:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Saturday.
- Drivers should be aware of traffic control from Main Street to 12th Street, with ONE-LANE TRAFFIC open in each direction.
- Please be aware of RESTRICTED LEFT-TURNS on and off Egan Drive between Main Street and 10th Street, not including the 10th Street intersection and Douglas Bridge.
- The traffic signal and pedestrian crossing at the intersection of Egan Drive and Whittier Street will not be operational.
- Bridge access will remain open.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained along one side of Egan Drive, with protected crossings at Main Street and the 10th Street intersection. Pedestrian access to the Seawalk from Egan Drive will also be limited. Please follow posted pedestrian detour signs.
- Additional project information can be found at https://www.egandriveproject.
com/ and https://www.facebook.com/Secon-Egan-Drive-Improvements-Main-Street-to-10th-Street-2383757411906937/.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with SECON, will be working to install new pavement, improve pedestrian and bike paths, widen traffic lanes, repair retaining walls and culverts, replace aging storm drainage systems, and rehabilitate the Gold Creek Bridge. This is a multi-year project.