- Crews are working from 7:00am to 5:00pm, six days a week.
- Through Saturday, September 27, crews will be performing curb repair, end terminal corrections on Wembley Avenue, as well as installing hand railing on the retaining wall.
- Drivers should be aware of intermittent flagging operations and LANE RESTRICTIONS.
- Drivers should be aware of NEW TRAFFIC PATTERNS at the Danby-Wembley intersection for the new roundabout.
- Drivers should also be aware of NEW TRAFFIC PATTERNS at the Wembley-Aurora intersection. Please use caution when turning and follow new pavement markings for direction.
- Please be aware of equipment entering and exiting the area.
3D Rendering of Finished Roundabout: https://vimeo.com/325765711
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with Exclusive Paving, is working to construct a roundabout at the intersection of Wembley Avenue and Danby Street, as well as reconstructing Wembley Avenue and constructing an adjacent sidewalk. Work will include repairing roadside hardware, improving drainage, adding ADA improvements, and upgrading utilities. These projects are expected to be complete in September 2019.