- Crews are working from 7:00am to 7:00pm, six days a week.
- Crews continue to stake and set forms, as well as pour concrete for curb and gutter.
- Through Sunday, July 21, concrete will be poured for curb and gutter on Danby Street. During this time, haul trucks will be bringing in material to build the road to grade and equipment will be working on both Danby Street and Wembley Avenue to spread new material. Electrical conduits and junction boxes will also be installed.
- Crews are working on the new roundabout and implementing traffic control in the area. Drivers should be aware of NEW TRAFFIC PATTERNS at the Danby-Wembley intersection for the new roundabout.
- Please be aware of trucks and equipment entering and exiting the area.
- Pedestrians should be aware of bike path detours.
- Drivers should be aware of CHANGING TRAFFIC PATTERNS, as well as LANE RESTRICTIONS and flagging operations.
- Drivers should also expect brief CLOSURES for paving and striping operations later in the summer.
3D Rendering of Finished Roundabout: https://vimeo.com/325765711
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in cooperation with Exclusive Paving, is working to construct a roundabout at the intersection of Wembley Avenue and Danby Street, as well as reconstructing Wembley Avenue and constructing an adjacent sidewalk. Work will include repairing roadside hardware, improving drainage, adding ADA improvements, and upgrading utilities. These projects are expected to be complete in August 2019.