- Up to two ROAD CLOSURES are expected in June.
- Notifications to the public are expected to be released three weeks prior to ROAD CLOSURES.
- Expect hauling and blasting between 6:00am to 6:00pm, 7 days a week.
- Be alert to flagging and PILOT CAR operations between MP 216-222.
- Comply with all traffic devices and traffic personnel instructions.
- Expect delays up to 20 minutes between 6:00am to 6:00pm, 7 days a week.
- In August, traffic will be diverted to new road realignment.
Drivers should expect flagging and PILOT CAR operations for the entirety of the project.
The Alaska Department of Transportation, in partnership with Great Northwest Inc., is working to reconstruct the Dalton Highway between MP 209 to 222, which will include widening and realignment. We will do our best to keep you informed of any project updates and appreciate your patience and cooperation during construction. Work for this project is expected to be completed in October 2018.
Great Northwest Inc.